There is a triple bottom line approach to sustainability and it is three fold: economic stewardship (valuing financial continuity over profit), environmental/ecological stewardship (maintenance and renewal of natural capital), and social stewardship (equitable distribution of resources, human and community well being).
Social stewardship resonates the most with me with this definition of sustainability. I believe there is responsibility of all businesses to give back to the community, serve others, to serve "the least of these", corporate, social responsibility, public relations or whatever you want to call it. We are not on this earth merely to fulfill our own desires and look just for the benefit of ourselves. I found a video on a buddie's blog that challenges today's youth and twenty somethings to look beyond themselves and to bring about social stewardship in their local communities and globally. Here is a teaser to the feature film that will be released this November from The I-Heart Revolution
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment